Code of Conduct
WIDA Members/Teachers should behave with integrity at all times by:
- Being courteous and respectful to EVERYONE
- Working in a positive and co-operative manner with other individuals, dance professionals and organisations.
- Respecting the confidentiality of colleagues and students.
- Dealing honestly with money, information, people and resources.
- Ensuring that the facilities in which they practice are adequately maintained and constitute a safe learning environment.
- Not posting negative remarks on social media networks.
- Seeking to promote equal opportunities and avoid discrimination against any individual based on nationality, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion etc.
- A WIDA teacher is a role model to all students and should conduct himself/herself with behaviour beyond reproach at competitions and other WIDA events.
- Teachers should comply with all legal obligations relevant to their country regarding:
The provisions of employment/Health and Safety/Child Protection/Copyright/Data Protection/Equality and Diversity/Insurance Laws.
Reminder regarding WIDA membership (policy active since 2008)
When a teacher or school cancel their membership of the organisation they cannot at a future date rejoin the organisation. They can continue to take part in WIDA events but they cannot be a member of WIDA.